- The application is crashing?
The crash you’re experiencing is due to an Android System WebView app which needs to be updated. Go to Google Play Store and update the latest version 89.0.4389.105. Repeat this step for Google Chrome too.
The other solution could be removing the latest update to the Android System WebView in your phone’s settings.
If the problem persists, check the links:
- How can I back up my notes?
In order not to lose your notes in case something happens to your phone, you should use backup feature frequently, since we still don’t have an option to automatically backup your diary notes. If you have created a backup, you can retrieve it on any other device.
Following steps will show you how to backup your notes:
- On the main screen open navigation bar (hamburger icon in the top left corner)
- Choose the option Backup and restore
- Click to Google Drive or Dropbox backup
- In this step you will need to sign in to your Google Drive or Dropbox account. If you don’t have an account you can sign up
- After you sign in you will need to allow Google Drive or Dropbox to create and access the folder where your notes will be stored
- In the new window choose first option “Create backup”
- After a few seconds your backup will be saved.
Note: If you are already connected to your account, steps 4 and 5 will be skipped.Only if you use option “Logout”, you will need to repeat steps 4 and 5.
- How does the auto-backup work?
First of all, you must enable this pro feature by tapping hamburger (three lines in the top of the left corner) and then ‘Backup and restore’. Log into ‘Dropbox’ or ‘Google Drive’ and enable ‘Auto backup’. After every action (edit, save or delete note), it automatically saves that current version of the notes. Have in mind that, for example, deleted note from two auto backups ago won’t be saved. That is why we recommend manually backing up to ‘Google Drive’ or ‘Dropbox’ from time to time, in case you wish that old deleted note back.
- How can I restore my notes?
If you have created a backup, you can retrieve all notes on any other device. In order to do that, you will need to use the same account you sign in for backup.
Follow the next steps, if you want to restore your notes to the current or a new phone:
- On the main screen of our app, open navigation bar (hamburger icon in the top left corner)
- Choose option Backup and restore
- Click to Google Drive or Dropbox backup
- In this step you will need to sign in to your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
- In the new window choose first option “Restore”
- This will open a new window with all your backups you created, named by date and time.
- Choose which backup you want to restore
- After a few seconds dialog will be shown where you click on “restore” button.
Note: If you are already connected to your account, step 4 will be skipped. Only if you use option “Logout”, you will need to repeat step 4.
Warning! Be careful with option “Delete backup data”! If you delete your backup data you can’t return notes anymore.
- Missing the backed-up photos after the restore?
After the restore, you’ve noticed that your photos couldn’t be seen anymore? Try one of the following steps:
- If you did a backup & restore on Google Drive, try it on Dropbox, or otherwise.
- Maybe the latest backup is too big, and your memory is full. Try some previous restores to see If the photos would appear.
- Delete all the backups from Google Drive or Dropbox and then back up the latest version of your notes on your old phone and restore it on your new phone.
- Unable to Restore Purchase (Pro Upgrade) on other devices
If you made an in-app purchase in order to unlock the Free version, please continue reading.
If you have reinstalled an app, reset your Android device, or got a new Android device, you can regain access to the Pro Upgrade purchase you have made. To do this, ensure you sign into Google Play with the same Google account you used to buy Diary Pro Upgrade. Your in-app purchase is tied to your Google account. When you install the Diary app and launch it, the application should automatically query Google Play and check for in-app purchase you’ve made, restoring it for you.
However, the app may not immediately restore your purchase. You may have to wait several minutes for it to check or manually update Google Play by doing following steps:
1. Go to phone settings.
2. Go to “Apps” or “Application manager”.
3. Scroll down, and press Google Play Store.
4. Tap on the menu button (3 dots at the top right corner), and then Uninstall updates.
5. Press the back arrow to return to the list of apps.
6. Scroll down, and tap Google Play Services.
7. Go to Storage and tap Clear cache.
8. Now again press the back arrow to return to the list of apps, find Diary app, clear the cache like in the previous step, then go back and force stop the app.
9. Once you are done performing the step above, go back to the device’s home screen and relaunch the Play Store. Your Play Store app should update to the latest version within a few minutes.
10. Just tap on the menu button from within the Play Store app and go to Settings. Scroll down until you see Play Store Version. Tap on that to check for an update.
11. Relaunch Diary app and check if you are facing the same issue.
- PIN code forgotten?
You can read all about it here: https://www.ascendik.com/privacy-policy/
- How to find a note from the specific date?
In order to find a note from the specific date, tap the ‘Calendar’ icon on the top right of the screen.
Entering the ‘Calendar’, you will have the option to choose the date and it will show you all the notes from that date.
- Is the Pro upgrade a one-time fee or subscription?
For the moment, it is a one time fee, but soon we will pass to a monthly subscription.
We recommend you to use this one time fee service because once you are subscribed to it, the future changes and payments won’t affect you.
- What is the difference between TXT and PDF export?
TXT exports only text from the notes, while PDF includes photos and emojis in color. Also, you can print a PDF files. See the PDF example below:
- Where do all the exported notes go?
In order to see your exported notes, go to ‘Files’ or ‘File Manager’ (in your phone) and tap ‘Downloads’ in your internal storage. There you’ll find all your notes stored.
- How to add a note from a missed day?
If you’ve forgotten to write a note, don’t worry, you can still fix that. Enter the app, click on the new note and change the date above the title of the note.
You can set the hours if you want too – by clicking the time on the right and changing it.
- How to activate fingerprint lock?
In order to activate the fingerprint lock in the Diary app, first, you have to activate the fingerprint feature on your phone. If this is already done, on the main screen of our app open navigation bar (hamburger icon on the top left corner), then choose option Codelock. In this window you need to activate codelock by entering new PIN. After your codelock is activated, you will get the option to enable fingerprint for our app as a third option in the same window.
Note: In case you don’t have fingerprint feature on your phone, you won’t be able to use this type of lock in our app.
- How to set a password?
Press the hamburger (three lines in the top of the left), then ‘Codelock’ and ‘Enter new PIN’ and enter the password you want. Also, you need to enter the security question, which you have to answer in case you forget the password.
Still haven’t gotten your answer? Don’t hesitate to email us! Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org