- Reminder doesn’t work?
Please check if the reminder switch is on, and the AM/PM setting is correct. Also, the timing is inexact and could be late up to 60 seconds, and this is to decrease power usage.
Maybe some power saving or cleaner apps on your device interfere with the reminder or you have low available memory, try cleaning up some unused stuff, or try restarting your device.
This issue may also be caused by Doze feature, which represents battery optimization in Android 6 and higher. You should disable battery optimization for this app, so it will not interfere with the reminder, by following these steps:
1. Open the Settings menu on your device and tap Battery.
2. Tap the more button on the action bar at the top right (…), and choose Battery optimization.
3. On the Battery optimization screen, switch to the All apps list from the drop-down to see all the apps on your device. Tap Drink Water from the menu and choose Don’t optimize.
- Unable to Restore Purchase (Pro Upgrade) on other devices
If you bought the standalone Pro version of the app from the store, you don’t automatically unlock the upgrade on the Free version, but must use the same standalone Pro version for all your devices. Use this link to download standalone Pro version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ascendik.drinkwaterreminder.hydration.watertracker.drinkwater.pro
Otherwise, if you have made an in-app purchase in order to unlock the Free version, please continue reading.
If you have reinstalled an app, reset your Android device, or got a new Android device, you can regain access to the Pro Upgrade purchase you have made. To do this, ensure you sign in to Google Play with the same Google account you used to buy Drink Water Pro Upgrade. Your in-app purchase is tied to your Google account. When you install the Drink Water app and launch it, the application should automatically query Google Play and check for in-app purchase you’ve made, restoring it for you.
However, the app may not immediately restore your purchase. You may have to wait several minutes for it to check or manually update Google Play by the doing following steps:
1. Go to phone settings.
2. Go to “Apps” or “Application manager”.
3. Scroll down, and press Google Play Store.
4. Tap on the menu button (3 dots in the top right corner), and then Uninstall updates.
5. Press the back arrow to return to the list of the apps.
6. Scroll down, and press Google Play Services.
7. Go to Storage and tap Clear cache.
8. Now again press the back arrow to return to the list of apps, find Drink Water app, clear the cache like in the previous step, then go back and force stop the app.
9. Once you are done performing the step above, go back to the device’s home screen and relaunch the Play Store. Your Play Store app should update to the latest version within a few minutes.
10. Just tap on the menu button from within the Play Store app and go to Settings. Scroll down until you see Play Store Version. Tap on that to check for an update.
11. Relaunch Drink Water app and check if you are facing the same issue.
- How to edit intake?
On the main screen of our app open navigation bar (hamburger icon in the top left corner), then choose option Statistics. When you enter Statistics, press the ‘Edit history’ button right under the charts. Choose the date and the intake you want to modify.
- Widget not working?
The widget functionality is greatly improved in the latest update, and we are working on improving the widget functionality even more. Please get all the updates as soon as they are available to ensure optimal widget functionality.
If it still is not working, you can always reset the widget functionality by deleting the old and adding the new widget again. Also, have in mind that some widgets work only with Pro upgrade.
- How can I backup my drink logs?
In order not to lose your drink logs in case something happens to your phone, you should use a backup feature frequently, since we still don’t have an option to automatically a backup your drink logs. If you have created a backup, you can retrieve it on any other device.
Following steps will show you how to backup your drink logs:
- On the main screen open navigation bar (hamburger icon in the top left corner)
- Choose the option Backup and restore
- Click to Google Drive or Dropbox backup
- In this step you will need to sign in to your Google Drive or Dropbox account. If you don’t have an account you can sign up
- After you sign in you will need to allow Google Drive or Dropbox to create and access the folder where your drink logs will be stored
- In the new window choose first option “Create backup”
- After a few seconds your backup will be saved.
Note: If you are already connected to your account, steps 4 and 5 will be skipped. Only if you use option “Logout”, you will need to repeat steps 4 and 5.
- How can I restore my drink logs?
If you have created a backup, you can retrieve all drink logs on any other device. In order to do that, you will need to use the same account you sign in for backup.
Follow the next steps, if you want to restore your drink logs to the current or a new phone:
- On the main screen of our app, open navigation bar (hamburger icon in the top left corner)
- Choose option Backup and restore
- Click to Google Drive or Dropbox backup
- In this step you will need to sign in to your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
- In the new window choose first option “Restore”
- This will open a new window with all your backups you created, named by date and time.
- Choose which backup you want to restore
- After a few seconds dialog will be shown where you click on “restore” button.
Note: If you are already connected to your account, step 4 will be skipped. Only if you use the option “Logout”, you will need to repeat step 4.
Warning! Be careful with the option “Delete backup data”! If you delete your backup data you can’t return drink logs anymore.
- Having both versions of our app?
If you have both versions of our app (Drink Water Reminder free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ascendik.drinkwaterreminder.hydration.watertracker.drinkwater and Drink Water standalone Pro version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ascendik.drinkwaterreminder.hydration.watertracker.drinkwater.pro), it could cause you various issues with Dropbox backup, permanent notification etc. You should keep only one of them.
Still haven’t gotten your answer? Don’t hesitate to email us! Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org